Saturday, November 8, 2008

Flickr Mashups...not so fun


O.K. so here I am, trying to have fun with Flickr and explore Thing 7 of the 23 Things. I was really excited when I saw the Trading Card application and was going to create a card for 2 of my cats. However, every time I got half-way through the application, the page would freeze and I would have to cancel out of everything and attempt to start all over again. So, instead of a card, you're going to get to see my kitties in all their glory sans the cool trading card motif. :(


As for the other mashup applications and so on. O.K. Honestly, I just think this is way too much for the common user. I really feel these types of applications are for those people who: A) Have a lot of time on their hands and B) are really, really interested in photography, art and manipulating their photos. I really don't see the use for the general user of Flickr in my opinion.



No comments: